SPOILER ALERT!

A Great Addition to the Series

A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin

I was really happy with this installment in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I loved some story lines, was disappointed at others, and found myself liking characters I never thought I would.

First, I'll mention the story lines I liked. I loved Cersei's story line, specifically what ultimately happened to her. I also wished there was more from Aleyne/Sansa's story line because I found what she was doing interesting.

Now for the ones I was disappointed at. I was really upset by Brienne's story line. The tragedy surrounding her story really cut me, especially since she was just starting to become an interesting character.

Finally, the character I never thought I'd like, but ended up really enjoying. I thought I was going to hate Jaime's story line, and honestly expected to be skipping his chapters. However, Jaime has become a really sympathetic character. I actually started to feel bad for the poor guy.

I wish I had remembered to have A Dance with Dragons on hand while I was at the university. The cliffhanger ending left me wanting more.