Pretties - Scott Westerfeld I found this particular book to be not as good as Uglies. I did still like the perspective of the story. I like that Tally remains strong, but at the same time, I don't like that she also remains a bit static; we see her learn more about the sinister nature of the city, but we don't see her take much away from it. She still blunders about and doesn't get very clever.The change in Maddie really struck me as odd. At the end of Uglies, she was okay with Tally, but all of a sudden, she's bitter and bitchy toward Tally.Zane was okay, and I see why love blossomed between the two of them, but I don't understand why she would forsake David because of Zane.The adrenaline causing the lesions to lose their effect on Tally was terribly odd. It was illogical to me, because if that were the case, then why didn't all the Crims lose the Pretty-mindedness when they pulled stunts?Overall, it was a fun story. I liked the characters, and I might try reading the next to see if it gets better. Considering the ending, it might prove interesting.