Earth Medicine: Ancestor's Ways of Harmony for Many Moons - Jamie Sams I had some really mixed impressions on this particular book. First, I'm always a little leery of people who write books on anything and fail to leave a bibliography; even if they grew up in a Native American tribe and were told the stories as a young child, I would like to see a sources page that says "personal interview with ______."Second, some of the statements were just laughable. The moon no longer has a twenty-eight day cycle because of mining minerals on Earth (I think there are a few geologists and astrophysicists who have better explanations)? Yes, that was written in the introduction, if I'm not mistaken; it just made me laugh.Finally, the legends were interesting, but I could have done without the original poetry; further expound upon your tribe's beliefs or demonstrate an instance where you had a major epiphany. There were some statements that just came off to me as the kind of statements that would come out of a book that you'd buy at a grocery store for someone as a gift; they were kind of preachy and stuck out as not the kind of thing I would expect to find in a book on spirituality.Overall, it wasn't a bad book per say so much as a book that didn't appeal to me. I was expecting more of a hard study of Native American philosophy, and this book wasn't it. I was told to read God is Red and Red Earth, White Lies for that type of reading, so I think I'll check that out when I get the chance.