SPOILER ALERT!

Another Great Recommendation From My Sister

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

After she recommended The Fault in Our Stars, my faith in my sister's recommendation was restored. She insisted I read this book next. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical until I saw that it was required reading for a writing class at my university. In all honesty, I can see why it was required reading after having read it.

This book is very well written, and it's quite the page turner. I was expecting a good book, but I was not expecting to end up feeling tension and having trouble putting it down. I experienced all this.

I found the narrator relateable, and really liked Hannah's character. I can remember feeling a sigh of relief when I found out that Clay, the narrator, did not contribute to Hannah's decision to commit suicide.

All in all, I'm glad I read this. It's an enjoyable read, and I have a feeling it will become a classic in twenty or thirty years because of its important topic and it has a timeless writing style. I highly recommend it for teenagers and parents of teenagers because it has a very strong don't be an asshole message for teens and the signs of suicide for both teens and parents.